February 3, 2013

Cupid's Arrow Table Runner

I love a good sew along!
First I joined the Zakka Style sew along...



and then I started my own sew along,
along with The Patchsmith
and Susie's Sunroom.

{That was fun, using the same word...along...twice in a row!}


I just finished another sew along,
home of the fabulous free daily tutorial!


We made projects using the Herringbone Block,

I wanted to use this stack of 
pretty Valentine-y fabrics for my project,
which was a table runner.


I kept my first block aside and will use it for 
for the Across The Pond Sew Along.

{Soon, I hope!}


I made the rest of my half-blocks,
but did not stitch them together in pairs.
Instead, I used creamy white sashing strips between each half-block.


I alternated the directions of the chevrons,
to get a pretty zigzag effect for the table runner.


I followed the lines of the block, quilting every 1/2".


At the midpoint of the sashings,
I changed direction of the quilting,
which gave an awesome Arrow effect...
so I named my finished table runner
Cupid's Arrow.


I used more creamy white for the outer border,
and then I tried something new.
I finished it off with a scrappy binding.



I had lots of strips left over from cutting fabric for the blocks,
and this was a fun way to use them up!



I am totally enamored with this table runner.


The back is as pretty as the front, made
with the Giddy print by Sandy Gervais for Moda.


I used lots of other Moda prints, too...
from Vintage Modern, Oh Deer,Kissing Booth,
Sweet and Bliss.


Do you love it, too?



I have the Cupid's Arrow table runner up for sale 


Maybe you could drop a hint to your sweetheart
if you'd like it for Valentine's Day!

{Watch for more new goodies in my shop soon.}




Pin It

7 comments:

  1. The table runner is gorgeous. I love those reds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Amy! I'm so excited for your Across the Pond project for the month. Hearts are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red fabric to die for here!! Love your table runner and your quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red fabric to die for here!! Love your table runner and your quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "heart" your table runner! It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really amazing. I love it. And I just love all your fabric choices! Very clever. The sashing is neat. I like how it splits up the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally I get to visit some blogs again. Amy I am so glad there is so much to see that runner is a dream!! And those fabrics look familiar ; )

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.