March 2, 2013

March - Across The Pond Sew Along - Charm Square Scarf

March came in like a lion here in Pennsylvania,
and I woke up to a fresh coating of snow today.

What a perfect day to introduce
the March project for the Across The Pond Sew Along,
selected by The Patchsmith.


Amanda went to the mother lode of tutorials,
the Moda Bake Shop, choosing
 a fast, fun, and fabulous Charm Square Scarf pattern
by Trish of notes of sincerity blog.


If you are ever at a loss for ideas and instructions 
for making something special
from precut Moda fabrics,
Moda Bake Shop is there to help.

{While you're there, visit my recipe for Simply Colorful Coasters!}


I just happen to have quite a few charm packs in my stash.
They are so cute and compact and easy to hoard store.

In fact, I have about a pack and a half of Glace charms,
a Christmas line introduced by 3 Sisters in 2009.
I guess they've had enough time to ripen,
and I'm going to use them in my project.

{I'm choosing the prints without holly, so I can wear my scarf any time of the year.}


Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is:

1. Head on over to Amanda's blog to see
two beautifully finished scarves for inspiration.

2.  Make your own version, and share it on the
to inspire others.

3.  Check back here at my blog to see how mine turns out!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Good charm square choice. Looking forward to the finished article.
    This project will self-destruct in thirty days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun !!! Can't wait to get started but I'm determined to finish February's project ....I'm so behind !!!

    Appropriate lingo .. Mission ...self destruct , we are watching James Bond at the moment !

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.