January 25, 2016

Hugs and Kisses - A Pillow Set

Here's comes Valentine's Day!
Are you going to be ready?
This year, I'll have lots of fresh and lovely
handmade items,
including this new Hugs and Kisses pillow set.


to create a whole bunch of 4-patch quilt blocks.
Before long, I had designed an X block...


and an O block, using a nice basic black blender for the background.
I like the charcoal gray undertones with the black.


My blocks finished at about 16 1/2",
which is just the right size to make a pair of pillows.

Here are the blocks made into pillow covers,
with zippered backings, to make cleaning easy.


I referred to my very own
I love the way the red Moda Swirl fabric
jazzes them up.
I finished them off with my "eamylove" label.

{Unfortunately, I think my supplier has stopped making labels.}


These pillows look so cozy and inviting on my couch.


I couldn't resist taking some glamour shots
in the morning sunlight.


These pillows are plump and full...just the way I like 'em.


Has anyone else been sewing with First Crush fabrics?
I'd love to see what you're making.


In fact...I'm going to do a little experiment to see
how much stuff I can make from this one lovely
layer cake, plus some coordinating yardage.

{Maybe I'll make some more of these pillows!}


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Gosh there are some very interesting fabrics you have used there.
    I love them, how groovy.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous! What a fun project too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stylish duo. They should feature these on the front of 'Ideal Home' magazine for February. I'll email them right away.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Hugs and Kisses pillows are very pretty! I love how they show off the fabrics!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so great together and I love the hugs and kisses theme Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't but I am loving First Crush! I love the pillows! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.